For the last few weeks I have been feeling very cold and tired. And rather than going to the doctor or going on WebMD like a normal person, I am self diagnosing my mildly hypochondriac self with mild Anemia. I had this when I was pregnant and all I know is that it means I am low on iron and I feel cold easier. My answer is to increase my iron intake which (again, without research) I believe is in steak and spinach.
Steak is expensive, so I’m trying to eat more spinach.
Here is a simple and easy recipe using spinach. Normally I cook quesadillas (plain cheese, or with a sprinkle of sandwich meat) in a skillet. I do this frequently because my kids love them. The skillet method is much quicker than baking, but the benefit of baking is that it is hands off and leaves you free to deal with your screaming children/dogs/cats/hamsters.
Grated Cheese – Mexican Style, Mozzarella, or both.
(The second quesadilla I made for my kids had Salami – that was also tasty)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Sprinkle cheese on tortillas
- Tear up clean spinach leaves and cover the whole tortilla
- Add more cheese
- Close the Quesadilla by placing another tortilla on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tortillas start getting nice and crispy and everything smells delicious.